Sat, Mar 12|
Retreat: Forgiveness - Resolving Resentment (Rob Voyle)
Time & Location
Mar 12, 2022, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Trinity Cathedral, 147 NW 19th Ave, Portland, OR 97209, USA
About the Event
Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for your enemy to die.
Sure: Christians are called to forgive. But if we don’t know how to forgive, that advice is radically unhelpful.
- Do you live with resentment?
- Is there someone in your life you just can't forgive?
- Do you want to find a more resourceful way of dealing with bullies in your life? • Do you need to find self-forgiveness?
- Do you want a more compassionate way of being in the world?
If you said yes to any of the above, this retreat day is for you!
In this retreat we will focus on:
- "How" you resent, or the dynamics of resentment, rather than the "who" and "what" or the content of your resentment.
- "How" you forgive, or the dynamics of forgiveness.
You will not be asked to share your story at this retreat any process work will be done in the privacy of your own mind. You can simply bring your resentment and leave without it!
In person only. Suggested donation: $65; register in advance at https://onrealm.org/TrinityEpiscopalpdx/PublicRegistrations/Event?linkString=YWIzMTY1NzYtMzQ2Yi00NzMzLThhZDAtYWUyZDAxODg3MjBh. On registration, please specify a lunch option ($12/person).
About the presenter: Priest, psychologist, and coach the Rev'd Dr. Rob Voyle is an international leader in the use of appreciative inquiry in church settings and is the founder and Director of the Clergy Leadership Institute and The Appreciative Way. This program is based on Rob's book: Restoring Hope: Appreciative Strategies to Resolve Grief and Resentment, which is available from https://appreciativeway.com. Rob's personal mission is to be "helpful, humorous, and healing," which is manifested in a passion for teaching people how to forgive.