Come play with us with Trinity Family Ministries curated “Play”lists, all centered around your spiritual life and practices at home We know you're busy, so these aren't to-do lists! They are simply some ideas and practices to help integrate spiritual time into your family life, however and whenever you can.
Choose what works for you!
What is Lent?
Lent is the liturgical season during which we prepare ourselves for Easter. It is a time of prayer, repentance, reflection, and spiritual discipline.
This “Play”list is designed to give you ideas and options for observing the season of Lent in your home. Pick one or two things and spend a little time each day or each week preparing to enter the mystery that is Easter!
Daily Devotions & Reflections
1) Living Well Through Lent / "Listening with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind." Daily devotions to download or receive each day in email.
3) Come, Pray / The SSJE Brothers invite you to “Come, Pray.” Join in receiving the daily gift of prayer – at home or wherever you find yourself.
Across the weeks of Lent, listen in as Brothers discuss the rich and varied ways we pray, together in church and in our personal prayer.
1) Giving Calendar / This Giving Calendar is intended to support an intention of being attentive to, and giving thanks for, the abundance of our lives and engaging in the practice of giving out of thanksgiving for that abundance.
2) Lent Madness / 32 saints in a tournament-like single elimination bracket! Learn about their lives and vote for your favorites every day.
Read, Watch & Listen
1) Ash Wednesday/Lent message from our Bishop Diana Akiyama: "Ash Wednesday is the threshold into the season of giving up our hardened hearts."
2) 40: A Video of Jesus in the Wilderness / Simple, beautiful animation with no text gives you plenty to think about and discuss with your family.
3) Miracle Man: The Story of Jesus, by John Hendrix / A picture book for all ages!
4) Make Room: A Child's Guide to Lent and Easter, by Laura Alary & Ann Boyajian / Simple activities for Lent connected to Jesus' life and ministry.
Miracle Man: The Story of Jesus and Make Room: A Child's Guide to Lent & Easter are available to check out from Barclay's Library at Trinity! Contact Charissa if you're interested.
Live on Zoom, every Sunday at 1:00 pm
During Lent, we'll hear and wonder about the Godly Play stories called "The Faces of Easter."
Join us every Sunday afternoon at 1pm Pacific on Zoom - just register here!